Sedation Dentistry in Sacramento, CA with Dr. George Chen in Folsom
There is something about the dentist that gives people a lot of anxiety. For some it may be a bad experience with a past dentist. For others, it may be the vulnerability of sitting there with an open mouth. For others, it may be the fear of bad news.
Throughout Sacramento, there are patients of all ages that want and need to go to the dentist but find themselves too afraid or uncomfortable to get there. Yet dental care is simply too important to avoid. So what is someone that needs to go to the dentist supposed to do if the fear is too profound for them to get their dental care?
Introduction to Sedation Dentistry in Sacramento, CA
One potential option is known as sedation dentistry. There are only a few dentists in the Greater Sacramento area that are trained to provide sedation dentistry, because it requires comprehensive medical training beyond that of the typical dentist.
But Dr. George Chen of Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry in Folsom is able to provide sedation dentistry for Sacramento residents, and give patients with dental anxiety the ability to receive the care they need. To schedule your appointment, call 916-983-6051.
Sedation dentistry uses different types of medical interventions to help those with anxiety still receive the dental treatments they need. With sedation dentistry, Dr. Chen provides patients with specific medications or anesthesia (depending on needs and medical history) so that patients feel calm and relaxed throughout their dental visit – and possibly sleep through the entire procedure.
What Types of Sedation Dentistry Are There?
Most patients that contact us for sedation dentistry in Sacramento tend to prefer our deep sedation option, where the patient is asleep for the procedure and wakes up with their teeth cared for. But there are three different options available depending on your preference and medical needs. These include:
- Oral Sedation Dentistry (Medications) – Oral sedation dentistry uses medications to make the process of coming to the dentist easier. Dr. Chen reviews your medical history and supplies you with a mild oral sedative. The sedative can then be taken in advance of your appointment (one the night before and one an hour before your appointment), and someone else can then take you to Dr. Chen without as much anxiety. Make sure you have a ride available or let us know if you need us to help you arrange one.
- Inhaled Minimal Sedation – Once at the office, you may decide to be relaxed with inhaled minimal sedation. This involves a mild gas that puts you into a more comfortable, relaxed state so that the procedures are easier to perform without any stress or anxiety.
- Deep Sedation – As mentioned, many patients prefer this deep sedation option. With deep sedation, you are placed under general anesthesia for the entire procedure. You find yourself asleep, and when you wake up your teeth have received the perfect treatment from Esthetic Reflections.
These different options make it possible for even those with severe dental anxiety to receive the dental care they badly need. It is especially valuable for those that are undergoing more complex procedures or cosmetic dentistry, where patients may need to experience care for a significant amount of time.
Why Receive Sedation Dentistry from Dr. George Chen?
There are a limited number of dentists trained in sedation dentistry, and even fewer certified by DOCS – the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation. Dr. Chen has completed significant training in this method of dentistry so that you are as safe and cared for as possible.
In addition, Dr. Chen has been consistently named the top dentist in the Folsom and El Dorado Hills area, winning Style Magazine’s Reader’s Choice award for “Best Dentist” 8 years in a row. As both a general and cosmetic dentist that specializes in complex cases, Dr. Chen is also able to assist you no matter your dental needs or age group.
But above all else, Dr. Chen and his entire team here at Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry genuinely care about our patients. We want you to love your smile and enjoy the happy, healthier life that comes from taking care of your teeth.
From the moment you Request an Appointment using the form above or call us at 916-983-6051, we’ll make sure you feel confident that we’ll be able to handle your dental needs in a comfortable, safe environment led by an expert dentist.
A Short Drive for a Great Service – Contact Esthetic Reflections Today
We know how often patients prefer to see local dentists when they decide to care for their teeth. But what you truly want is quality dental care. For those in Sacramento, Folsom is only a short drive away, and the quality of dental care you will receive will be well worth the experience.
The best way to get in touch with us is to fill out the Request an Appointment form, or to call us and leave a message so that we can get back to you with details on your appointment. We know how severe dental anxiety can be. Let’s consider sedation dentistry together so that we can make sure you receive the dental care you need.
How to Get Here
- Get on CA-99 S/I-80BL E/US-50 E
- Follow US-50 E to Prairie City Rd in Folsom. Take exit 25
- Continue on Prairie City Rd. Take a right on Blue Ravine Road.
- Turn right on East Bidwell Street.
- Turn left on Hana Way.
Our building is the first right. Suite 103.
We are open Monday through Thursday with some appointments available at off hours by request.