George D. Chen, D.D.S. – Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry
Candidates for Porcelain Veneers
If you’re unhappy with your smile or want to have teeth that are easier to care for, porcelain veneers could be the answer. Porcelain veneers are made of thin dental ceramic that are fitted to your teeth in order to mask any imperfections. When they are in your mouth, they cover your natural teeth and make them appear naturally white and uniform.
Ineligible for Porcelain Veneers
Before you’re able to decide whether porcelain veneers are right for you, however, Dr. Chen needs to make sure that you don’t have any of the following issues:
- Periodontal disease
- Undeveloped teeth
- Compulsive grinding or clenching your teeth (bruxism)
- Poor oral and/or general health
- Severely crooked teeth
- Misaligned bite (malocclusion)
These traits will make you temporarily ineligible for porcelain veneers until Dr. Chen can address and complete treatment for them. For those with severely crooked teeth for example, metal or invisible braces will likely be used to straighten your teeth before they’re fitted for porcelain veneers.
Problems Porcelain Veneers Can Treat
If you don’t have any of the previous issues, then porcelain veneers can definitely help solve a number of aesthetic concerns people have about their teeth. For those who are otherwise in good health, veneers can address these problems:
- Stains – Coffee, tea, soda, wine, and cigarettes are some of the most common and worst offenders when it comes to staining teeth. Whitening products and dental procedures can help to remove a good bit of staining. However, if it seems particularly difficult to remove your teeth’s stains, porcelain veneers can cover that discoloration and prevent any more from happening, since the porcelain is stain resistant.
- Chips and Cracks – This type of tooth damage can be embarrassing and painful, especially since they tend to occur in easy to notice areas of the mouth. Veneers can cover these imperfections and make your teeth look completely restored.
- Gaps or Uneven Sizes and Shapes – The shape of teeth or the way they’re aligned in your mouth can give them an uneven appearance. With veneers, your teeth appear even and more attractive.
- Crooked Teeth – When most of your teeth are in the right place except for a few crooked ones, it can throw off your whole smile. Mildly crooked teeth can be brought back in line with veneers, making it look as though you have naturally straight teeth.
If you have one or more of these common aesthetic issues with your teeth, then porcelain veneers can help you do something about them. They’re very versatile, and as long as the underlying health of your teeth is well cared for, they can be the answer to a variety of concerns about how your teeth look.
Schedule a Consultation about Porcelain Veneers Today
At Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry, we tailor our treatment to each individual to help them achieve a healthy and naturally beautiful smile. If you’re interested in finding out whether porcelain veneers are the right choice for your dental needs, then please contact us today.
Oct 23rd, 2018 1:42 am
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on Candidates for Porcelain Veneers
Dr. Chen of Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry is certified to provide oral conscious sedation, a type of dentistry that makes it so that patients with anxiety or low pain tolerance can relax and feel as though they “woke up” with the procedure over. Sedation dentistry is growing in popularity, especially as more and more of those in the Greater Sacramento area start to prioritize their oral health and their smile.
The value of oral conscious sedation is that it takes a lot of the stress and tension away from the patient. It is safe, simple, and under the supervision of Dr. Chen can ensure that you receive the dental care you need. But it does still require sedation, which means that it is important to know how and what to prepare to make sure that your care goes smoothly.
The following are some basic guidelines for oral sedation dentistry preparation, but please remember to talk to Dr. Chen and Esthetic Reflections for specific instructions.
Sedation Dentistry Preparation Tips
- Plan a Ride – You should not be expected to drive before or after the sedatives, so make sure you have a trusted ride available that will be able to take you home and make sure that you’re adjusting. Even as the sedative wears off, you may still feel a bit tired and it may take time to adjust to feeling back to normal. You may also want to take most of the rest of the day off to help regain your alertness.
- Ask About Eating and Drinking – With IV sedation, eating or drinking before the procedure is not necessarily recommended. But with oral conscious sedation, it may be acceptable. Talk to Dr. Chen about whether or not you can eat or drink, especially if you have any dietary requirements.
- Be Comfortable – You are unlikely to have much trouble walking after it is over, but it is a good idea to be comfortable anyway. Wear comfortable clothing, avoid heels (as it may be easier to trip and fall), and make sure that you’re feeling ready for the procedure.
- Ask About Medications and Avoid Non-Prescription Drugs – Some medications may interact with sedation dentistry, so make sure that you talk to Dr. Chen about every single medication that you’re taking, including vitamin supplements and natural medicine. You should also avoid smoking, alcohol use, and any illicit drugs.
Sedation Dentistry is Safe – But Care is Needed
Part of qualifying for sedation dentistry involves a complete understanding of the preparation tips that Dr. Chen provides to you. Make sure that you follow each one exactly as it is described. Sedation dentistry is an exciting way to make sure that you’re comfortable throughout your dental procedures and able to get the care you need. Let Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry be the team that provides it for you.
Serving Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Rancho Cordova, Granite Bay, Roseville, Sacramento, and all the surrounding areas, contact Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry today.
Oct 8th, 2018 5:49 pm
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on How to Prepare for Sedation Dentistry
Tags: Sedation Dentistry
Porcelain veneers are one of the most popular treatments in cosmetic dentistry here in Folsom and the surrounding areas. For many patients, they are primarily viewed as a purely aesthetic form of dentistry. Many of our patients request veneers because they are looking for a whiter, healthier looking smile.
But what you may not know about Porcelain veneers is that they also provide benefits to your oral hygiene as well. If you’d like to see if veneers are right for you, contact us today at 916-983-6051 or fill out the “Request an Appointment” form on our website.
What are the Hygiene and Oral Health Benefits of Veneers?
Dr. Chen is cosmetic dentist. But he’s also a general dentist. His passion is healthier smiles, as healthy smiles lead to healthier lives. Even within cosmetic dentistry, his focus is to find procedures that make the most sense for someone’s overall oral health, not just the look of their smile.
That’s where veneers can really shine. Some of the benefits of porcelain veneers include:
- Stronger Teeth – Some patients that request veneers do so because their teeth have become cracked, brittle, or misshapen. The porcelain used in veneers is stronger and longer lasting, which helps these teeth stay stronger when chewing.
- Easier to Brush – Brushing your teeth – at least the front of your teeth – is easier with veneers. The surfaces tend to be smoother and allow for easier strokes.
- Alignment Changes – Similarly, porcelain veneers can be used to make small changes to the alignment of your teeth and bite. Proper bite is an important part of overall oral health and hygiene.
These are only some of the oral health benefits of porcelain veneers. There are also the many aesthetic benefits, such as a healthier looking smile, whiter teeth, and improved confidence. Yet even though veneers are cosmetic procedure, the advantages go beyond just the way they look.
Porcelain veneers are a great way to makeover a smile and fall back in love with your teeth again. If you’d like to learn more, contact us today for a consultation to see if veneers are the right choice for your needs.
Sep 20th, 2018 12:48 am
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on Benefits of Porcelain Veneers for Dental Hygiene
Invisalign has long become one of the more popular ways to straighten teeth. It has several advantages over traditional metal braces, as it is a discreet way to adjust teeth with no dietary restrictions, cuts/scrapes, or high risk of tooth decay.
Dr. Chen of Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry in Folsom is pleased to be able to offer Invisalign right here in the office. He is able to use this treatment for both cosmetic and general dentistry purposes, as straighter teeth are also easier to care for and better for your long term dental health.
But for Invisalign to work correctly, proper care is key. One of Invisalign’s greatest advantages is that it is less likely to harm your teeth than metal braces, while providing similar results. But to be successful with the treatment, you have to make sure you’re caring for your Invisalign trays correctly.
Tips for Invisalign Trays
The following are some important tips for caring for your Invisalign aligners. Keep in mind that proper care is critical to the success of the treatment. If you are concerned you may not be able to keep up with these care tips, talk to Dr. Chen about alternative orthodontic treatments.
- Brush Teeth and Aligners Often – You should always brush your teeth twice a day, morning and night. But your dental hygiene changes a little when you have aligners. First, you should brush both your teeth and your aligners morning at night to keep the aligners clean. Make sure you have a gentle brush to prevent scratches. Second, you should consider brushing after all meals when possible. This ensures that your aligners and your teeth will be clean, and no food residue or bacteria will stick to the plastic.
- Take Off Before Meals – The plastic used by these aligners is strong, but it is not impenetrable. Chewing can damage the aligners, and it is highly recommended that you do not use a damaged aligner. Make sure you take off the aligners before you eat. NOTE: Aligners should always be worn when you are not eating. You should have your aligners in your mouth at least 22 hours a day for them to work properly.
- Floss – Flossing is already an important part of dental hygiene, but it is especially important when using Invisalign. Bacteria may spread faster in the moist environment of an Invisalign tray. Flossing will help clear out that bacteria, preventing both dental issues and a funky smell from your aligner.
- Drink Only Water – If you’re in the mood for a special beverage, drink it during a meal when the aligner is already out of your mouth. All other non-water beverages can stain and damage aligners if you’re wearing them while you consume a beverage. Yet it is also not recommended that you take the aligners out just to drink. You want them in your mouth as long as possible.
- Rinse and Store – Any time the aligners are out of your mouth, it is a good idea to rinse them to remove any saliva and plaque. You should also make sure you store it in a container made for these types of trays, and if you don’t have a tray, let it sit in a large glass of water. This will help prevent damage and ensure no foreign bacteria gets on the trays.
Invisalign is very effective. But caring for your trays remains an important part of ensuring that you get the best possible outcome for your teeth.
If you’re ready to see if Invisalign is right for you, give Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry a call today at 916-983-6051. We would love a chance to provide you with an exam to determine whether Invisalign is right for you, and then begin the treatment so that you can have straighter, healthier teeth as soon as possible. Contact us today for more information.
Sep 10th, 2018 3:46 pm
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on How to Take Care of Your Invisalign Trays
Periodontal disease is an infection of the tissue in your mouth around your teeth. Infection occurs when plaque (a sticky film of bacteria) builds up and hardens on your teeth because of poor brushing and flossing habits. If you don’t brush and floss correctly and regularly, that plaque can harden into tartar, which only a professional cleaning at the dentist’s office can remove.
These types of dental problems are more commonly associated with aging. But the truth is that periodontal disease can start at a very young age, which is why it is important that your child begin their dental care right away and learn how to correctly care for their teeth.
What Age Does Periodontal Disease Begin?
Periodontal disease can affect people of all ages. It’s not just adults who don’t brush or floss their teeth correctly, or kids who eat too much candy that suffer from unhealthy gums. Even toddlers can develop periodontal diseases if they don’t receive regular check-ups from a dentist.
And while it’s true that many young children do not have their permanent teeth, the damage that is caused by periodontal disease can be long lasting and affect their dental health permanently even when it affects baby teeth.
Common Reasons that Children Develop Periodontal Disease
One of the reasons that gum disease is common in children is because children tend to be in a unique position for their teeth to get infections. For example:
- Poor Brushing/Flossing Habits – By far the most common reason for an increase in periodontal disease in children is that many have poor brushing and flossing habits at young ages. It is also not that uncommon for young children to skip brushing and flossing altogether when they think their parents aren’t looking. This can create the perfect environment for gum disease.
- More Sugar and Starches – Children these days also tend to eat more sugary foods than adults. Sugar really does create a great environment for the formation of bacteria, especially when combined with poor brushing habits. Starches, also, like burgers and fries, may contribute to disease.
- Braces – Children are more likely to have braces, and cleaning teeth with braces can be especially challenging for young people. It requires a lot of work – even more so if you are not yet visiting the dentist regularly.
- Smoking – Though the rate of youth smoking has thankfully decreased, there are still young smokers out there, and tobacco is a known contributor to gum disease.
These are only some of the many reasons that children of all ages may be at risk for developing this type of dental challenge.
It’s important that children know the best way to clean their teeth and gums so that they can build healthy habits early and continue them easily into adulthood.
How To Brush Your Teeth
A lot of children don’t know how long or with what method to brush their teeth in order to prevent periodontal disease. All you have to remember when it comes to keeping time is the number two; you should be brushing twice a day, for two minutes minimum each time. To make sure you’re cleaning all the areas of your mouth, follow this routine:
- Outer Surface of Upper Teeth. Make sure to tilt the brush at a 45 degree angle, brush the gum line gently, then sweep downward away from the gum.
- Outer Surface of Lower Teeth. Use short back-and-forth strokes.
- Inner Surface of Upper and Lower Teeth. Use the same short back-and-forth strokes as when cleaning the outer surface of the lower teeth.
- Clean the Chewing Surfaces. This area does a lot of work, so don’t forget to give it a good scrub.
- Brush Your Tongue. This freshens your breath and removes any harmful bacteria still in your mouth.
Make sure your child is not brushing too hard, for too long, with a toothbrush whose bristles are too stiff. Being overzealous with your toothbrushing can damage the enamel on your teeth. A soft-bristled brush and gentle, consistent brushing is enough to keep your mouth its cleanest.
How to Floss With Braces
It can be especially hard for children who have braces to make sure they’re brushing and flossing the right way. The wires and brackets that braces use to align the teeth make brushing and flossing a more involved process, but not an impossible one. There are more ways than ever now to make sure you keep your teeth and gums healthy while wearing braces:
- Waxed Floss. You can use a regular piece of waxed floss, which is less likely than unwaxed to catch and fray on the braces, to thread between the braces wires and floss as usual. A floss threader, which is sold near floss in most places, can help you with this.
- Dental Tape. This is floss that’s thinner and wider than regular floss, like a ribbon. For those with more sensitive gums, this can be a more comfortable option.
- Water Flosser. An orthodontist can recommend a specific model or brand of water flosser that will best suit the braces wearer’s needs. This tool shoots a thin stream of water between the teeth to clean.
- Proxy Brush. These are small, pointed, flexible brushes with little bristles on one end. It’s easy to insert these under the braces wire and push between the teeth to scrub them clean. These should be used with floss, not instead of it, because they can’t clean as thoroughly without floss.
Talk to your orthodontist as well about what they recommend depending on the type of braces you have.
Above All Else: See Your Dentist
It is so important that your child sees the dentist as much as possible in their early life. Doing so will both help make sure their mouth is as healthy as possible and reduce your child’s fear of the dental chair. Periodontal disease can occur at any age, so the sooner your child sees the dentist, the better.
Give Dr. George Chen and Dr. Christina Skelton a call today at 916-983-6051, and schedule an appointment for both you and your child.
Aug 29th, 2018 10:51 pm
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on How Early Periodontal Disease Can Start
Rancho Murieta is a beautiful, relaxing community. It’s not surprising that homes are rarely put for sale, as most of those that move into the area know its value and adore it for its safety, great schools, and quiet serenity.
Rancho Murieta is a small town. But it makes up a surprisingly large portion of our patients here at Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry in Folsom, CA. Perhaps it’s because many of its residents commute nearby, or perhaps it is because they know some of our patients in the local area.
But we’d like to believe it’s because Rancho Murieta perfectly fits the skillset and talents of Dr. Chen, Dr. Skelton, and our entire Esthetic Reflections team. If you are looking for a dentist in Rancho Murieta, we’d love for you to give us a call at 916-983-6051 or fill out our “Request an Appointment” form at any time and we’ll schedule you in for a consultation.
About Our Dental Services at Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry
Esthetic Reflections is the office of Dr. George Chen. Dr. Chen has voted the “Reader’s Choice for Best Dentist” in Style Magazine for the past 8 years, with an office that has consistently rated as the top choice for friendly staff and patient-focused atmosphere.
Dr. Chen earned this reputation by becoming one of the most knowledgeable, trained dentists in the Greater Sacramento area with a focus on advanced technology and the latest in effective techniques. He completed his training in both general and cosmetic dentistry as well.
It is that training that has made him one of the leading choices for both seniors and families.
Dr. Chen is an expert in what’s known as “Complex Cases.” These are dental needs that require extensive planning and detail, such as teeth that have struggled with gum disease and placement. Many dentists shy away from these cases because of the level of technical expertise involved, but Dr. Chen is known for his ability to put this work together.
That is why he is such a popular senior dentist for Rancho Murieta, CA.
Dr. Chen – and his associate, Dr. Christina Skelton – can also provide general and family dentistry, with cleanings, exams, fillings, and other common dental needs. Dr. Chen can also provide cosmetic dentistry in Rancho Murieta, including:
- Porcelain Veneers
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Implants
- Tooth Whitening
Invisalign is an especially popular procedure at Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry, because Dr. Chen’s experience as both a cosmetic dentist and general dentist means that he is uniquely capable of monitoring the teeth and ensuring that they are both moving into place and in the best possible health.
Our Sedation Dentistry Services for Rancho Murieta, CA
Dr. Chen is also one of the few providers of sedation dentistry. For those that experience anxiety at the dentist, sedation dentistry uses medical sedation to allow you to easily go through the procedure and “wake up” not remembering any of it. It is perfect for those with dental anxiety, as well as those that are especially sensitive to pain. Dr. Chen is DOCS certified, able to provide safe sedation to those in need.
Why Rancho Murieta Residents Should Call Us Today
We know that Folsom can be a bit of a drive for those in the Rancho Murieta area. But patients only visit the dentist twice, maybe three times a year at most. It is in your best interests to choose a dentist that can provide you with the best possible support for your dental health – not just the one that’s closest to you.
Dr. George Chen and the rest of the team here at Esthetic Reflections aim to give you healthier teeth and a happier smile. Our goal is to make sure that every experience you have with our office is a pleasant one, because we know that the only way you’ll come back to continue to care for your teeth is if you leave feeling like you had a truly great experience.
Contact Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry Today
We know you have a lot of choices for dentists in the Greater Sacramento area – even around Rancho Murieta. But we hope that you’ll give us a try and experience first hand the way that we prioritize your dental health and happiness.
Our Request an Appointment form is a great way to contact us at all hours of the day, and you are always welcome to call us at 916-983-6051. For those in Rancho Murieta looking for the best dentistry possible, please contact us today for a consultation.
Our Open Hours
- Monday: 7am – 4pm
- Tuesday: 8am – 5pm
- Wednesday: 9am – 6pm
- Thursday: 8am – 5pm
- Friday: Available on request
Emergency appointments are also available.
How to Get Here
Our address is 785 Hana Way, Suite 103, Folsom, CA 95630 for your GPS. But getting here is very easy. Head North on Scott Road until you reach White Rock Road. Take a right. Take a left on East Bidwell Street and drive until you see Hana Way. We’re the first building on the right.
Aug 28th, 2018 7:16 pm
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on Best Dentist in Rancho Murieta for Seniors, Families
Luckily, it’s still early in the school year and weeks away from midterms and tests. Schedule your appointment now to see Dr. Chen and the entire Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry team. If you’d like to make an appointment right now, you can fill out the “Request an Appointment” form by clicking the button above or call us at 916-983-6051.
Dr. Chen has won the “Reader’s Choice Award for Best Dentist” in Style Magazine for 8 straight years. We’d love a chance to see your children – or you! – before the school year gets to busy. NEW PATIENTS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME! Please contact us today and we hope to hear from you soon!
Aug 13th, 2018 3:55 pm
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on Did You Remember to Take Your Kids to the Dentist?
It is not uncommon to have some anxiety when going to the dentist. After all, each dental visit you’re reminded of all the times you forgot to floss, or you ate too much sweets, or you had a piece of cake stuck in your teeth for 3 weeks because you were saving it for later.
While some anxiety is normal, severe anxiety can become a problem. You always want to make sure you’re getting the dental care you need, and yet anxiety can sometimes prevent people from seeing the dentist or undergoing important procedures.
Introduction to Granite Bay Sedation Dentistry
Dr. George Chen of Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry is the number one choice for an approach to dentistry known as “Sedation Dentistry.” As the name implies, sedation dentistry involves using medical sedative techniques to calm the nerves or allow the patient to sleep comfortably through the entire procedure. To schedule your appointment, fill out the “Request an Appointment” form on the
Sedation dentistry is growing in popularity throughout Granite Bay. One of the primary draws of this type of treatment is that it allows those that have severe dentist anxiety the opportunity to receive comprehensive dental care safely and comfortably.
The exact type of treatment depends on the amount of anxiety, your medical history, and what you are most comfortable with. You and Dr. Chen will discuss this extensively before your appointment.
Different Types of Sedation Dentistry
Sedation dentistry can be used to simply relax your nerves, or it can be designed so that you can essentially sleep through the entire dental care and wake up with your teeth in the best possible condition. Most of our Granite Bay patients prefer the latter, as it makes dental care a breeze for those that have struggled with it in the past.
With sedation dentistry, you and Dr. Chen may consider:
- Medication/Oral Sedation
For nearly all patients, we’ll consider a type of oral sedative – which is a medication that you can take both the night before and an hour or so before your appointment. These medications make it much easier for you to feel comfortable with the idea of going to the dentist with much less anxiety.
- Gas Sedation
We may also want to use an inhaled sedative, like laughing gas (nitrous oxide) to make our patients more relaxed and comfortable. Most patients will sleep through the procedure when on this type of sedation, but others will still be alert but relaxed and content.
- IV Sedation
Finally, we may also consider IV sedation, also known as general anesthesia. With general anesthesia, the patient is fully asleep and unable to experience or remember any of the procedure. IV Sedation is useful when the procedure is long, complex, or the patient experiences severe anxiety.
Is There Anything Else I Should Know About Sedation Dentistry?
Not all dentists are capable of providing sedation dentistry to their patients. Few Granite Bay dentists have received the amount of training necessary to do it safely. That is why it may be a good idea to consider going out of Granite Bay to receive your dental care.
Note that because we are using sedatives, you will need to arrange a ride both to and from our office. If you need a ride, make sure that you let us know and we will see if there is any way to assist you. Since our office is in Folsom, walking from Granite Bay is not feasible and it is dangerous to drive on your own until Dr. Chen tells you that you can.
Why You Should Call Dr. George Chen
We know that most people find the closest dentist near you when choosing a local dentist. But there is such a difference between quality dental care and generic dental care. When you are also in need of a dentist that is certified by DOCS (the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation), you may want to travel outside of Granite Bay so that you can have the best quality dental care.
Dr. George Chen has won the “Reader’s Choice Award for Best Dentist” in the Style Magazine Folsom and El Dorado Hills reader’s poll for 8 straight years. He has also received extensive training, and is able to provide both general (family) dentistry and cosmetic dentistry with some of the most advanced technology currently available.
Dr. Chen is also supported by an amazing team here at Esthetic Reflections that takes special care to make sure that your experience here is pleasant, relaxing, and here for your comfort and care. We know that few people truly “Want” to go to the dentist, but we also know how important it is for your smile, and so our team will go out of our way to make sure that you feel comfortable coming back.
Come from Granite Bay to Folsom Today
We are open Monday to Thursday with special appointments on Friday. You only see a dentist a few times a year. We encourage you to consider coming only a short drive away from Granite Bay to Folsom to come see us. We are the leading sedation dentistry practice in the Sacramento County area and will begin taking care of you the moment you fill out our Request an Appointment form or call us at 916-983-6051.
How to Get to Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry from Granite Bay
We are located at 785 Hana Way #103, Folsom, CA 95630. The easiest way to get to us from Granite Bay is as follows:
- Travel down Douglas BLVD to Auburn Folsom Road.
- Head south down Auburn Folsom Road (will become Folsom Auburn)
- Turn Left on Greenback Lane (will become Riley Street)
- Turn Left on East Bidwell Street (continue along the curve to the right).
- Continue until you see Hana Way. Turn Left
- Take the first Right to 785 Hana Way and head inside. We are Suite 103 straight ahead.
Aug 9th, 2018 1:15 am
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on Sedation Dentistry in Granite Bay, CA with Dr. George Chen in Folsom
Sedation Dentistry in Sacramento, CA with Dr. George Chen in Folsom
There is something about the dentist that gives people a lot of anxiety. For some it may be a bad experience with a past dentist. For others, it may be the vulnerability of sitting there with an open mouth. For others, it may be the fear of bad news.
Throughout Sacramento, there are patients of all ages that want and need to go to the dentist but find themselves too afraid or uncomfortable to get there. Yet dental care is simply too important to avoid. So what is someone that needs to go to the dentist supposed to do if the fear is too profound for them to get their dental care?
Introduction to Sedation Dentistry in Sacramento, CA
One potential option is known as sedation dentistry. There are only a few dentists in the Greater Sacramento area that are trained to provide sedation dentistry, because it requires comprehensive medical training beyond that of the typical dentist.
But Dr. George Chen of Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry in Folsom is able to provide sedation dentistry for Sacramento residents, and give patients with dental anxiety the ability to receive the care they need. To schedule your appointment, call 916-983-6051.
Sedation dentistry uses different types of medical interventions to help those with anxiety still receive the dental treatments they need. With sedation dentistry, Dr. Chen provides patients with specific medications or anesthesia (depending on needs and medical history) so that patients feel calm and relaxed throughout their dental visit – and possibly sleep through the entire procedure.
What Types of Sedation Dentistry Are There?
Most patients that contact us for sedation dentistry in Sacramento tend to prefer our deep sedation option, where the patient is asleep for the procedure and wakes up with their teeth cared for. But there are three different options available depending on your preference and medical needs. These include:
- Oral Sedation Dentistry (Medications) – Oral sedation dentistry uses medications to make the process of coming to the dentist easier. Dr. Chen reviews your medical history and supplies you with a mild oral sedative. The sedative can then be taken in advance of your appointment (one the night before and one an hour before your appointment), and someone else can then take you to Dr. Chen without as much anxiety. Make sure you have a ride available or let us know if you need us to help you arrange one.
- Inhaled Minimal Sedation – Once at the office, you may decide to be relaxed with inhaled minimal sedation. This involves a mild gas that puts you into a more comfortable, relaxed state so that the procedures are easier to perform without any stress or anxiety.
- Deep Sedation – As mentioned, many patients prefer this deep sedation option. With deep sedation, you are placed under general anesthesia for the entire procedure. You find yourself asleep, and when you wake up your teeth have received the perfect treatment from Esthetic Reflections.
These different options make it possible for even those with severe dental anxiety to receive the dental care they badly need. It is especially valuable for those that are undergoing more complex procedures or cosmetic dentistry, where patients may need to experience care for a significant amount of time.
Why Receive Sedation Dentistry from Dr. George Chen?
There are a limited number of dentists trained in sedation dentistry, and even fewer certified by DOCS – the Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation. Dr. Chen has completed significant training in this method of dentistry so that you are as safe and cared for as possible.
In addition, Dr. Chen has been consistently named the top dentist in the Folsom and El Dorado Hills area, winning Style Magazine’s Reader’s Choice award for “Best Dentist” 8 years in a row. As both a general and cosmetic dentist that specializes in complex cases, Dr. Chen is also able to assist you no matter your dental needs or age group.
But above all else, Dr. Chen and his entire team here at Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry genuinely care about our patients. We want you to love your smile and enjoy the happy, healthier life that comes from taking care of your teeth.
From the moment you Request an Appointment using the form above or call us at 916-983-6051, we’ll make sure you feel confident that we’ll be able to handle your dental needs in a comfortable, safe environment led by an expert dentist.
A Short Drive for a Great Service – Contact Esthetic Reflections Today
We know how often patients prefer to see local dentists when they decide to care for their teeth. But what you truly want is quality dental care. For those in Sacramento, Folsom is only a short drive away, and the quality of dental care you will receive will be well worth the experience.
The best way to get in touch with us is to fill out the Request an Appointment form, or to call us and leave a message so that we can get back to you with details on your appointment. We know how severe dental anxiety can be. Let’s consider sedation dentistry together so that we can make sure you receive the dental care you need.
How to Get Here
- Get on CA-99 S/I-80BL E/US-50 E
- Follow US-50 E to Prairie City Rd in Folsom. Take exit 25
- Continue on Prairie City Rd. Take a right on Blue Ravine Road.
- Turn right on East Bidwell Street.
- Turn left on Hana Way.
Our building is the first right. Suite 103.
We are open Monday through Thursday with some appointments available at off hours by request.
Aug 6th, 2018 10:19 pm
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on Sedation Dentistry in Sacramento, CA with Dr. George Chen in Folsom
Your teeth are the gateway to the rest of your physical and mental wellness. Healthy teeth result in a healthier body by eliminating bacteria in the mouth and improving digestion. Healthy teeth also mean a happier smile, improving both social comfort and confidence.
In order to care for your teeth, you need to select the best possible dentist for Granite Bay. It should be someone with extensive dental knowledge, as well as someone you want to visit, with an office that is friendly, fun, and comfortable.
Let Dr. Chen of Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry be that dentist. Based in Folsom, Dr. Chen is both a general dentist and a cosmetic dentist, with extensive training to help care for your teeth. If you have been looking for a dentist in Granite Bay, call Dr. George Chen at 916-983-6051, or click the “Request an Appointment” form and we will give you a call to schedule you in.
Why Esthetic Reflections is the Best Granite Bay Dentist
Esthetic Reflections is only a short drive away, located in Folsom, CA on East Bidwell Street. We know that many people look for dentists that are local, and we encourage you to consider our office for all of your dental care needs.
Dr. Chen has been voted the Reader’s Choice Award for “Best Dentist” in the Folsom and El Dorado Hills area for the past 9 years, while his office has been in the top 3 for “Best Dental Office” in that same time frame. Our entire team strongly believes that great dental care is not just about the quality of the dentistry – it is also about feeling as though you are a part of our family.
Most people do not “want” to visit the dentist. So we make sure that you always enjoy your time here so that you feel comfortable coming back for your regular checkups. Dr. Chen is also one of the most highly trained dentists in all of Northern California, with extensive experience in both the general and cosmetic dentistry fields.
This combination means that you’re both happy to come to the dentist and receiving the best quality care while you’re here. We know that Folsom is still a bit of a drive from Granite Bay, but we strongly believe that once you’ve come to our office you’ll see why it is worth the trip.
About Our Dental Services
Dr. Chen has received training in both general dentistry and cosmetic dentistry. That means that Esthetic Reflections can be your single source for all of your dental care needs, from dental health to aesthetics.
As a family dentist for Granite Bay, Dr. Chen works with patients of all ages, including children and seniors. He is one of the few dentists willing and able to take on “Complex Cases,” which are more difficult combinations of procedures that many seniors need to correct aging teeth. Dr. Chen and his staff provide all of the most commonly requested dental care services, including:
- Implants and More
Esthetic Reflections also has an endodontist available that can perform root canals, so you do not have to be referred to an outside office.
For those looking for cosmetic dentistry in Granite Bay, CA, Dr. Chen can help you transform your smile into one you are proud to show off. Services include, but are not limited to:
- Teeth Whitening
- Porcelain Veneers
- Six Month Smiles
- Inlays and Onlays, and More
Because Dr. Chen is also a general dentist, he is able to perform these aesthetic procedures while also keeping an eye on your general dental health as well. It helps to have a dentist that knows and understands your mouth, and can care for your teeth both before and after the procedures.
Sedation Dentistry in Granite Bay
Dr. Chen is also one of the few Sacramento and Placer County providers of “Sedation Dentistry.” Sedation dentistry is used by those that have dental anxiety or dental phobia. With sedation dentistry, patients can receive their treatment either lightly sedated or under anesthesia, which allows you to essentially sleep through the entire procedure and wake up with your teeth happy and healthy.
There are few dentists that have received the training necessary to safely provide sedation dentistry, which is why so many people travel from Granite Bay to see the Esthetic Reflections team for this type of procedure.
Invisalign Granite Bay with Dr. George Chen
Invisalign, sometimes referred to as “Clear Braces,” is another popular procedure that is available at Esthetic Reflections. Normally, to receive these unique braces, patients must travel to a new dentist that specializes in orthodontics.
But Dr. Chen has received extensive training in Invisalign treatments. You will be able to continue to see Dr. Chen for both your Invisalign and general dentistry needs, and should he spot a problem with your teeth in the process, he can help solve the problem right then and there – something you cannot get with an Invisalign orthodontist.
Hours, Insurance, and Directions for Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry
For those in Granite Bay that are ready to see Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry for their dental care needs, call today at 916-983-6051 or click on the “Request an Appointment” button and we are happy to call you when we’re open and schedule an appointment for your dental care.
Our hours as of this writing are the following:
- Monday: 7am to 4pm
- Tuesday: 8am to 5pm
- Wednesday: 9am to 6pm
- Thursday: 8am to 5pm
- Friday – Available for Emergencies and Special Requests
We pride ourselves on being an affordable dentist in Granite Bay, as we do our best to keep our costs and prices as competitive as possible. But in addition to pricing, we also try to offer the best possible care so that you are saved from future expenses. We except many different types of insurance, but also provide benefits for cash customers that are able to pay out of pocket. It helps to call us with your insurance questions.
You can find a map to our location here:
The fastest way to get to Esthetic Reflections from Granite Bay is to travel down Folsom Auburn Road and continue all the way until you reach Greenback Ln. Turn left on Greenback. It will become Riley Street. Once you see Sutter High School on the left side, take a left onto East Bidwell Street, continue around the curve and down East Bidwell all the way past Blue Ravine Road until you see Hana Way. Take a left, and Esthetic Reflections will be on your right.
If traveling from work in downtown Sacramento, take the 50 until you get to the Prairie City exit. Head up Prairie City until you reach Blue Ravine Road. Take a right, follow it down to E. Bidwell street. Take a right again and take a left on Hana.
For Family Dentistry, Senior Dentistry, and More, Call Esthetic Reflections Today
We know you have a choice in Granite Bay dentists. We believe that once you’ve called Dr. George Chen and the Esthetic Reflections team, you’ll see why we are known as the best dentist in the Folsom and El Dorado Hills area. Call today, or request an appointment online. We’d love to see you.
Jul 16th, 2018 11:36 pm
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on Dentist for Granite Bay, CA – Dr. George Chen