George D. Chen, D.D.S. – Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry
Since we are based in Folsom, we often hear about the rapid growth and development taking place right now all around the city. But connected to Folsom is El Dorado Hills, a community that is going through a rapid expansion in its own right. There are so many new developments either planned or already selling their homes, including:
- Cypress at Serrano
- The Ridge at Blackstone
- The Elms, the Oaks, and Villa Lago at Promontory and so many more.
Many of our patients come from El Dorado Hills, either on the 50, through White Rock, or through Green Valley Road. The drive is short, often close a straight line, and makes it easy to come in before/after work or any time you’re able to make it down.
With so many new developments in the area, we’d love to hear from you if you’re either new to EDH or looking for a new dental provider. Dr. Chen and Dr. Skelton provide both cosmetic dentistry and general dentistry, and Dr. Chen and our office have one the Style Magazine Award for “Best Dentist” in the Folsom/El Dorado Hills area for 9 straight years.
We’d love a chance to see you. Please contact us at 916-983-6051 or fill out the “Request an Appointment” form above to get started.
Dec 5th, 2018 12:15 am
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on Dental Care About the New El Dorado Hills Developments
Many teens and adults are familiar with Invisalign, and know them for their primary selling point – they are a clear alternative to traditional metal braces. That means they can go through their day without others knowing that they are wearing braces.
But what you may not know is that “clear braces” is only one of the reason that Invisalign is so popular. There are additional benefits that make them preferable to metal braces provided the patient is a candidate:
- Removable for Eating – Invisalign is removed before eating, which means the patient has no food limitations while they are straightening their teeth.
- Easy to Brush/Care for Teeth – It is often difficult to brush and floss with metal braces. With Invisalign, you can remove the aligner and brush with ease.
- No Cuts and Scrapes – Metal braces tend to have wires that can cut into the sensitive skin inside of the mouth, especially when smiling and eating. Invisalign is smooth and causes no such issues.
While it is true that Invisalign is especially popular because of the clear braces, there are additional benefits to Invisalign that are often forgotten, and make it an even more worthwhile choice for those that qualify. If you would like to find out if you are a candidate for Invisalign in the Folsom and Sacramento County areas, please contact us today at 916-983-6051.
Dec 3rd, 2018 10:29 pm
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on Clear Braces Are Not The Only Invisalign Perk
We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are looking forward to a great December holiday season.
We just wanted to send over one more courtesy reminder that most dental insurance benefits and flex spending expire at the end of the year. Please schedule an appointment before December 31st if you would like to use up any of your remaining benefits before they reset.
If you used up all your dental benefits and have been waiting for them to refresh this new year, now is also a great time to schedule for January and February, so that you can take care of your teeth early before any dental problems occur. Those two months fill up very quickly for that very reason, so booking now is a great way to get a spot.
Finally, open enrollment ends December 15th. Please feel free and review information about our new Healthy Smiles Savings Program to see if it may be of benefit to you this year.
Thanks again for a wonderful year thus far with another outstanding and fun month to go! If you’d like to schedule an appointment or talk to us about your dental care, please call 916-983-6051.
Nov 28th, 2018 11:48 pm
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on End of the Year: Come Visit Soon or Plan for Next Year!
Gold River is a small, yet fantastic community. With great schools, safe streets, several parks, and several amenities depending on your HOAs, it’s no wonder this gem of a town is one of the hottest areas to live, and a great place for those that commute to Sacramento.
Dr. George Chen and Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry are proud to be one of the most popular dental offices for those living in Gold River. Straight up the 50 and only a short drive from the Folsom Blvd exit, Dr. Chen has become the leading choice for quality Gold River general and cosmetic dental care. To schedule an appointment, fill out the “Request an Appointment” form or call us at 916-983-6051.
Why Choose Esthetic Reflections?
Dr. Chen is the 10 time winner of the Reader’s Choice Award for “Best Dentist.” He is one of the only providers of both cosmetic dentistry and general/family dentistry, and is one of the few that is able to offer support for:
- Complex Cases – In situations where complex dental procedures are needed, Dr. Chen is able to provide all of the necessary services to keep your teeth looking their best.
- Sedation Dentistry – Dr. Chen is certified in oral conscious sedation, a dental technique that makes it possible for those with anxiety to receive dental care.
- Invisalign – Dr. Chen received additional training in Invisalign, which means you may not need to head to an Orthodontist for clear braces.
Along with Dr. Christina Skelton, our office is able to provide outstanding quality dental care and all of the services you need.
Most people have a tendency to choose the dentist nearest to them – in this case, a Gold River dentist or one located in nearby Rancho Cordova. But we encourage you to consider calling our office for your dental care needs.
You only need dental care a few times a year, and knowing that you’re receiving the best possible treatments available in Sacramento County (and an office that really cares about you) will go a long way towards making sure that you are motivated to go to the dentist, happy with your treatment, and able to comfortably share your smile with the world.
Care for Your Smile – Call Esthetic Reflections
We’re more than a dental office. We believe in the idea of community. If you have been searching for a dentist in Gold River, we are just down the road and would love an opportunity to schedule an appointment for your teeth and gums. Call 916-983-6051 or fill out an appointment form to get started. We accept most forms of insurance and have an exciting program called the “Healthy Smiles Savings Plan” for the underinsured.
Nov 26th, 2018 12:57 pm
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on Gold River Dentist – Cosmetic and General Dentistry for Gold River Residents
If you’ve thought about getting dental work to make your teeth healthier and more aesthetically pleasing, then you may want to consider a “smile makeover” – a process that utilizes cosmetic dental techniques to remake your smile and improve both its health and its appearance. Cosmetic dentistry seeks to help patients whose teeth are generally healthy, but may be crooked, chipped, discolored, or otherwise not aesthetically pleasing, and can be combined with general dentistry to give you an overall better smile.
Having better looking teeth can help patients feel more confident, happy, and more comfortable with themselves. If you’re interested in what cosmetic dentistry options are available in our Sacramento location, contact us today at 916-983-6051.
What Is A Smile Makeover?
A “smile makeover” is a term used to describe the process of improving the appearance of people’s smiles by using the cosmetic dentistry techniques that are best suited for their needs. Not everyone needs the same services, and even those who do have unique mouths and teeth that require unique treatment methods. When a patient looks for a smile makeover, it’s because they’re unsatisfied with their smile and interested in undergoing the procedures that are most recommended by Dr. George Chen and Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry to fix it.
Some of the treatment options we offer include, but aren’t limited to:
- Porcelain Veneers
- Tooth Implants
- Teeth Whitening
- White Fillings
- Invisalign/Teeth Straightening
- Dental Crowns and Caps
Smile makeovers, much like any type of makeover, combine procedures and techniques to improve the visible appearance of your teeth and gums so that you can smile prouder without any self-consciousness.
Are You a Candidate for a Smile Makeover?
If you are embarrassed or unsatisfied with the way your teeth look, you could be a candidate for these elective procedures. It is most important, however, to consider your overall dental health.
If you have issues like compulsive grinding or clenching your teeth, periodontal disease, or a misaligned bite, Dr. Chen may recommend treatment to address these underlying issues before performing any cosmetic procedures. This is to ensure both that your teeth are healthy and that these conditions won’t damage the results of the cosmetic procedures.
How Much Is A Smile Makeover?
The cost of a smile makeover is dependent on what procedures are needed to achieve their ideal smile. Some may need to undergo multiple procedures, while others may only need one. The cost for the different procedures also varies. We do offer specials and we are more than happy to talk to you about savings options and financial planning for those that are interested, so make sure you talk to our front desk.
Why You Should Consider a Smile Makeover from Dr. George Chen
Smile makeovers are often complex procedures that require a skilled hand and advanced knowledge of dental care. Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry is located in Folsom, CA, only a short drive away from Sacramento, and yet Dr. Chen is frequently sought out as the preferred dentist for those in the Greater Sacramento area, because he is one of the few that is trained in complex cases and has a history creating beautiful smiles across the region.
Dr. Chen is both a cosmetic and general dentist, and so offers treatments that improve both the form and function of your teeth. He can offer a thorough assessment on the current health and appearance of your teeth and determine what services he can provide to help improve them in a comprehensive way that few other dentists in the area can. If a health concern shows up during a cosmetic treatment, there’s no need to go to another dentist for a general dentistry treatment, as Dr. Chen can treat it in the same office.
We genuinely care that your teeth both look and work well. Many cosmetic dental procedures not only improve your teeth’s appearance, they improve your dental health and hygiene.
If you want to remake your smile, call Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry today at 916-983-6051 or request an appointment online by clicking the button below and filling out the form. We can offer you detailed assessment tailored to your specific health needs to show you what your journey to a brighter, healthier smile will look like.
Oct 30th, 2018 10:01 pm
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on Smile Makeovers in Sacramento, CA with Esthetic Reflections
Tags: Smile Makeover
Your teeth are one of the most important parts of better overall health. Poor oral hygiene can not only damage your teeth and gums, it can affect heart health, digestive health, diabetic health outcomes, fetal health for pregnant women, and more. We can each help control the amount of bad bacteria in our mouths by routinely brushing and flossing, but regular care from a dental professional is key to maintaining a healthy smile.
Dr. George Chen of Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry, with significant experience in both general and cosmetic dentistry, can help you care for your teeth and address any problems that may come up. Although a short drive away, many of those in the Cameron Park area travel to Folsom for outstanding dentistry form Dr. George Chen and Dr. Christina Skelton. If you’re interested in getting started, call 916-983-6051 or complete the online form to request an appointment and see how you can improve your oral health.
Why Esthetic Reflections?
Esthetic Reflections is located in Folsom, CA, about 20 minutes away from the city of Cameron Park.
Dr. Chen is one of the most highly trained dentists in Northern California, and has been recognized often as a provider of high-quality dental care. For nine years straight, he has been voted as Style Magazine’s Reader’s Choice Award for “Best Dentist” in the Folsom and El Dorado Hills area. His team is also highly regarded, and has recently won the Reader’s Choice award for “Best Dental Office.” Because Dr. Chen and Esthetic Reflections provides both general (family) and cosmetic dentistry, he is a popular single-source for dental care and improving one’s smile.
We know that visiting the dentist can be stressful. That is why we strive to make your visits as comfortable, and even pleasant, as possible so that you’ll feel confident and not worried about coming back. Most people visit a dentist only once or twice a year. It’s always a good idea to choose a dentist not just on their proximity to your office, but on whether or not they are the best choice for your dental care. We make it our goal to prove that we are the right choicer for your dental needs.
Our Dental Services
From routine cleanings to porcelain veneers, Esthetic Reflections can provide you with a range of dental health and aesthetic services. Dr. Chen has extensive training in general and cosmetic dentistry, and works with patients of all ages, from children to seniors. Some of the most common dental care services we provide include, but aren’t limited to:
Dr. Chen is also one of the few dentists in the area who can and does regularly work with seniors who have “Complex Cases,” or situations that require difficult combinations of procedures to treat aging or damaged teeth. Even if you need a root canal, you don’t need to leave Esthetic Reflections, as we have an endodontist available to perform them.
If you have good oral health and hygiene, but your smile still doesn’t look the way you’d like it to, Dr. Chen can provide whatever cosmetic procedure is right for you. Some of these services include:
- Teeth Whitening
- Porcelain Veneers
- Six Month Smiles
- Inlays and Onlays
These procedures can be provided in addition to making sure your general dental health is the best it can be. Receiving care from a dentist who knows how to help your teeth reach their ideal in both form and function makes a real difference.
Sedation Dentistry for Cameron Park, CA
If you have a bad case of dental anxiety or have a phobia of dentistry, you might want to ask about sedation dentistry at Esthetic Reflections. Depending on their individual needs, patients can receive dental work while lightly sedated or under anesthesia, which enables them to be consciously sedated throughout the procedure and wake up when it’s completed.
Dr. Chen is one of only a few dentists in the Sacramento and Placer County area who is qualified to provide sedation dentistry. Many people travel to Folsom from areas around Cameron Park to receive dental work from Dr. Chen because this type of training is not undergone by many other dentists.
Invisalign in Cameron Park, CA
Invisalign, or “clear braces,” do the same work of traditional metal braces and allow teens and adults to keep a natural, professional look while they’re wearing them.
This newer, unique style of braces is available mainly through orthodontists. However, Dr. Chen has specialized training in Invisalign treatments, so you don’t have to go to another dentist after going to Esthetic Reflections for general dental care. Not only is this convenient, it can also mean better outcomes, since Dr. Chen can recognize and treat any problems he notices while addressing your Invisalign needs.
Hours, Insurance, and Directions for Esthetic Reflections Dentistry
If you live in Cameron Park and are interested in any of the dental care services offered at Esthetic Reflections, call 916-983-6051 or request an appointment online by filling out our online form. We’d be pleased to let you know when we’re available and schedule an appointment that works for you.
Our hours are:
- Monday: 7am to 4 pm
- Tuesday: 8am to 5 pm
- Wednesday: 9am to 6 pm
- Thursday: 8 am to 5 pm
- Friday: Available for Emergencies and Special Requests
We strive to being an affordable Cameron Park dentist option while offering the best possible dental care. We keep in mind what care we can provide in order to help you maintain ideal dental health standards and save future expenses. We accept a variety of insurance types, and provide benefits for customers who pay in cash, out of pocket. We also have our own alternative to dental insurance, known as the Healthy Smiles Savings program. If you have any questions about your insurance compatibility, please call us.
For Family Dentistry, Senior Dentistry, and More, Call Esthetic Reflections Today
There are other dentists available in Cameron Park and the surrounding towns. But it helps to find a dentist that truly understands your teeth. We believe that we are the best possible choice, and that you’ll believe it too once you contact Dr. George Chen and the Esthetic Reflections team. Call or request an appointment online today.
Oct 26th, 2018 3:12 pm
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on Dentist in Cameron Park
Tags: Cameron Park
Candidates for Porcelain Veneers
If you’re unhappy with your smile or want to have teeth that are easier to care for, porcelain veneers could be the answer. Porcelain veneers are made of thin dental ceramic that are fitted to your teeth in order to mask any imperfections. When they are in your mouth, they cover your natural teeth and make them appear naturally white and uniform.
Ineligible for Porcelain Veneers
Before you’re able to decide whether porcelain veneers are right for you, however, Dr. Chen needs to make sure that you don’t have any of the following issues:
- Periodontal disease
- Undeveloped teeth
- Compulsive grinding or clenching your teeth (bruxism)
- Poor oral and/or general health
- Severely crooked teeth
- Misaligned bite (malocclusion)
These traits will make you temporarily ineligible for porcelain veneers until Dr. Chen can address and complete treatment for them. For those with severely crooked teeth for example, metal or invisible braces will likely be used to straighten your teeth before they’re fitted for porcelain veneers.
Problems Porcelain Veneers Can Treat
If you don’t have any of the previous issues, then porcelain veneers can definitely help solve a number of aesthetic concerns people have about their teeth. For those who are otherwise in good health, veneers can address these problems:
- Stains – Coffee, tea, soda, wine, and cigarettes are some of the most common and worst offenders when it comes to staining teeth. Whitening products and dental procedures can help to remove a good bit of staining. However, if it seems particularly difficult to remove your teeth’s stains, porcelain veneers can cover that discoloration and prevent any more from happening, since the porcelain is stain resistant.
- Chips and Cracks – This type of tooth damage can be embarrassing and painful, especially since they tend to occur in easy to notice areas of the mouth. Veneers can cover these imperfections and make your teeth look completely restored.
- Gaps or Uneven Sizes and Shapes – The shape of teeth or the way they’re aligned in your mouth can give them an uneven appearance. With veneers, your teeth appear even and more attractive.
- Crooked Teeth – When most of your teeth are in the right place except for a few crooked ones, it can throw off your whole smile. Mildly crooked teeth can be brought back in line with veneers, making it look as though you have naturally straight teeth.
If you have one or more of these common aesthetic issues with your teeth, then porcelain veneers can help you do something about them. They’re very versatile, and as long as the underlying health of your teeth is well cared for, they can be the answer to a variety of concerns about how your teeth look.
Schedule a Consultation about Porcelain Veneers Today
At Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry, we tailor our treatment to each individual to help them achieve a healthy and naturally beautiful smile. If you’re interested in finding out whether porcelain veneers are the right choice for your dental needs, then please contact us today.
Oct 23rd, 2018 1:42 am
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on Candidates for Porcelain Veneers
Dr. Chen of Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry is certified to provide oral conscious sedation, a type of dentistry that makes it so that patients with anxiety or low pain tolerance can relax and feel as though they “woke up” with the procedure over. Sedation dentistry is growing in popularity, especially as more and more of those in the Greater Sacramento area start to prioritize their oral health and their smile.
The value of oral conscious sedation is that it takes a lot of the stress and tension away from the patient. It is safe, simple, and under the supervision of Dr. Chen can ensure that you receive the dental care you need. But it does still require sedation, which means that it is important to know how and what to prepare to make sure that your care goes smoothly.
The following are some basic guidelines for oral sedation dentistry preparation, but please remember to talk to Dr. Chen and Esthetic Reflections for specific instructions.
Sedation Dentistry Preparation Tips
- Plan a Ride – You should not be expected to drive before or after the sedatives, so make sure you have a trusted ride available that will be able to take you home and make sure that you’re adjusting. Even as the sedative wears off, you may still feel a bit tired and it may take time to adjust to feeling back to normal. You may also want to take most of the rest of the day off to help regain your alertness.
- Ask About Eating and Drinking – With IV sedation, eating or drinking before the procedure is not necessarily recommended. But with oral conscious sedation, it may be acceptable. Talk to Dr. Chen about whether or not you can eat or drink, especially if you have any dietary requirements.
- Be Comfortable – You are unlikely to have much trouble walking after it is over, but it is a good idea to be comfortable anyway. Wear comfortable clothing, avoid heels (as it may be easier to trip and fall), and make sure that you’re feeling ready for the procedure.
- Ask About Medications and Avoid Non-Prescription Drugs – Some medications may interact with sedation dentistry, so make sure that you talk to Dr. Chen about every single medication that you’re taking, including vitamin supplements and natural medicine. You should also avoid smoking, alcohol use, and any illicit drugs.
Sedation Dentistry is Safe – But Care is Needed
Part of qualifying for sedation dentistry involves a complete understanding of the preparation tips that Dr. Chen provides to you. Make sure that you follow each one exactly as it is described. Sedation dentistry is an exciting way to make sure that you’re comfortable throughout your dental procedures and able to get the care you need. Let Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry be the team that provides it for you.
Serving Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Rancho Cordova, Granite Bay, Roseville, Sacramento, and all the surrounding areas, contact Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry today.
Oct 8th, 2018 5:49 pm
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on How to Prepare for Sedation Dentistry
Tags: Sedation Dentistry
Porcelain veneers are one of the most popular treatments in cosmetic dentistry here in Folsom and the surrounding areas. For many patients, they are primarily viewed as a purely aesthetic form of dentistry. Many of our patients request veneers because they are looking for a whiter, healthier looking smile.
But what you may not know about Porcelain veneers is that they also provide benefits to your oral hygiene as well. If you’d like to see if veneers are right for you, contact us today at 916-983-6051 or fill out the “Request an Appointment” form on our website.
What are the Hygiene and Oral Health Benefits of Veneers?
Dr. Chen is cosmetic dentist. But he’s also a general dentist. His passion is healthier smiles, as healthy smiles lead to healthier lives. Even within cosmetic dentistry, his focus is to find procedures that make the most sense for someone’s overall oral health, not just the look of their smile.
That’s where veneers can really shine. Some of the benefits of porcelain veneers include:
- Stronger Teeth – Some patients that request veneers do so because their teeth have become cracked, brittle, or misshapen. The porcelain used in veneers is stronger and longer lasting, which helps these teeth stay stronger when chewing.
- Easier to Brush – Brushing your teeth – at least the front of your teeth – is easier with veneers. The surfaces tend to be smoother and allow for easier strokes.
- Alignment Changes – Similarly, porcelain veneers can be used to make small changes to the alignment of your teeth and bite. Proper bite is an important part of overall oral health and hygiene.
These are only some of the oral health benefits of porcelain veneers. There are also the many aesthetic benefits, such as a healthier looking smile, whiter teeth, and improved confidence. Yet even though veneers are cosmetic procedure, the advantages go beyond just the way they look.
Porcelain veneers are a great way to makeover a smile and fall back in love with your teeth again. If you’d like to learn more, contact us today for a consultation to see if veneers are the right choice for your needs.
Sep 20th, 2018 12:48 am
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on Benefits of Porcelain Veneers for Dental Hygiene
Invisalign has long become one of the more popular ways to straighten teeth. It has several advantages over traditional metal braces, as it is a discreet way to adjust teeth with no dietary restrictions, cuts/scrapes, or high risk of tooth decay.
Dr. Chen of Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry in Folsom is pleased to be able to offer Invisalign right here in the office. He is able to use this treatment for both cosmetic and general dentistry purposes, as straighter teeth are also easier to care for and better for your long term dental health.
But for Invisalign to work correctly, proper care is key. One of Invisalign’s greatest advantages is that it is less likely to harm your teeth than metal braces, while providing similar results. But to be successful with the treatment, you have to make sure you’re caring for your Invisalign trays correctly.
Tips for Invisalign Trays
The following are some important tips for caring for your Invisalign aligners. Keep in mind that proper care is critical to the success of the treatment. If you are concerned you may not be able to keep up with these care tips, talk to Dr. Chen about alternative orthodontic treatments.
- Brush Teeth and Aligners Often – You should always brush your teeth twice a day, morning and night. But your dental hygiene changes a little when you have aligners. First, you should brush both your teeth and your aligners morning at night to keep the aligners clean. Make sure you have a gentle brush to prevent scratches. Second, you should consider brushing after all meals when possible. This ensures that your aligners and your teeth will be clean, and no food residue or bacteria will stick to the plastic.
- Take Off Before Meals – The plastic used by these aligners is strong, but it is not impenetrable. Chewing can damage the aligners, and it is highly recommended that you do not use a damaged aligner. Make sure you take off the aligners before you eat. NOTE: Aligners should always be worn when you are not eating. You should have your aligners in your mouth at least 22 hours a day for them to work properly.
- Floss – Flossing is already an important part of dental hygiene, but it is especially important when using Invisalign. Bacteria may spread faster in the moist environment of an Invisalign tray. Flossing will help clear out that bacteria, preventing both dental issues and a funky smell from your aligner.
- Drink Only Water – If you’re in the mood for a special beverage, drink it during a meal when the aligner is already out of your mouth. All other non-water beverages can stain and damage aligners if you’re wearing them while you consume a beverage. Yet it is also not recommended that you take the aligners out just to drink. You want them in your mouth as long as possible.
- Rinse and Store – Any time the aligners are out of your mouth, it is a good idea to rinse them to remove any saliva and plaque. You should also make sure you store it in a container made for these types of trays, and if you don’t have a tray, let it sit in a large glass of water. This will help prevent damage and ensure no foreign bacteria gets on the trays.
Invisalign is very effective. But caring for your trays remains an important part of ensuring that you get the best possible outcome for your teeth.
If you’re ready to see if Invisalign is right for you, give Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry a call today at 916-983-6051. We would love a chance to provide you with an exam to determine whether Invisalign is right for you, and then begin the treatment so that you can have straighter, healthier teeth as soon as possible. Contact us today for more information.
Sep 10th, 2018 3:46 pm
Posted in Blog | Comments Off on How to Take Care of Your Invisalign Trays