It can be challenging to fit a dentist appointment into a busy schedule. At Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry, we try our best to make sure that morning appointments and afternoon appointments are open, to help fit into our patients’ busy schedules. If you need to schedule an appointment, call us at 916-983-6051.
Some patients have wondered if there is a reason to prefer one time to another. As expected, the answer can vary according to your individual needs. But there are advantages that different appointment times can have, at least in terms of what the research says.
Even if you’re not a morning person, a morning appointment may be a smart choice, as studies have shown mornings can be a great time for your health and happiness. With morning dental appointments:
- Less Chance of Complications – Studies have found there’s a lower chance of complications from anesthesia and other procedures performed during morning appointments.
- Getting It Out Of the Way – For those who are nervous about going to the dentist, scheduling their appointment for the morning can keep them from being nervous about it all day.
- Clean Teeth Coming In – You don’t have to brush your teeth before your appointment, but for those who feel more comfortable doing so, you’re less likely to have food stuck between your teeth before lunchtime.
If you do have to have a procedure that may create some aches and pain, a morning procedure may allow some of the pain to go away before you need to sleep. For those with early schedules, a late appointment might mean you head to bed a bit later.
If you just can’t get up early enough for a morning appointment or if your mornings are just too full already, afternoon appointments are still a good option.
- Anesthesia – Anesthesia has been found to last longer when administered in the afternoon. Two PM in particular is often recommended as the ideal appointment time for patients who need a procedure involving local anesthesia, like a root canal.
- Recovery – If you’re receiving a more involved procedure, scheduling your appointment in the afternoon doesn’t require using up a whole day recovering like it might if the procedure were scheduled for the morning. Sleep is when you best heal, and you’ll be sleeping much sooner with this type of appointment.
- Often More Convenient – Most people get the majority of their work done in the morning and have an easier time leaving work early. If this is the case for you, afternoons are the way to go.
Overall, the best time of day for your dental appointment depends on the treatment you need: how long it will take to complete, how urgent your need for it is, and more.
Esthetic Reflections In Dentistry – Offering Dental Procedures For Any Time Of Day
We do our best to accommodate our patients’ schedules while also providing excellent dental care and can recommend specific appointment times for your needs. If you need a general dentistry or cosmetic service, call 916-983-6051 to make an appointment with us today. We provide everything from cleanings to smile makeovers and more.