Folsom Cerec Dentist – Receive CEREC Crowns
You can brush and floss every day. But over time, you may still struggle with varying degrees of tooth decay, requiring either a filling or a crown that seals your teeth and helps prevent further breakdown, and one of the best ways to stop further decay is with a technique known as CEREC.
What is CEREC?
CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restorations in Esthetic Ceramic. CEREC is a method of dental restoration that uses CAD (Computer Aided Design) technology to replace metal fillings and fix any teeth that have suffered from severe decay, chipping, and more. CEREC uses long lasting ceramic materials that look and feel like real tooth, and help restore your smile’s natural beauty.
How to Receive CEREC Dental Crowns in Folsom, California
At Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry, we provide CEREC tooth restoration to those in the Greater Sacramento area. Based in Folsom, using the latest in CAD technology and years of experience and training in crown design.
Dr. Chen and his staff go above and beyond with our CEREC dental crowns. We offer single visit crowns – come into our office, and be out with your crown the same day with limited wait time and no need for temporary crowns or follow up visits.
We also do something that very few other dentists do – we take the time to stain and glaze the tooth so that it matches the colors of your existing teeth. This helps it look and appear more natural in your mouth.
The process is simple and easy:
- Initial Exam – We start with a simple exam to make sure that CEREC solutions are right for you. CEREC can be used for both fillings and crowns, but we want to make sure that it is the best solution for your needs.
- CEREC Preparation – Once you have been approved for CEREC, Dr. Chen and his staff will numb the area (so that you are pain free) and start to remove all of the weak or damaged areas of the tooth, while also cleaning out any excess bacteria or decay.
- OmniCam – The next step is to use what’s known as an OmniCam to take a digital 3D picture of your entire tooth. The OmniCam has replaced a powder that used to be used to coat the teeth, allowing for a very detailed, high end image for the creation of the tooth crown.
- Software Design – Once completed, the picture is then placed inside of the CEREC program. The program determines the exact way the ceramic should be milled in order to perfectly fit your tooth.
- Ceramic Mold – A ceramic block the same color of your tooth is placed in the machine. The CEREC dental machine then goes to work. The ceramic is automatically milled into the correct shape that Dr. Chen needs to fill your tooth.
- Staining and Glazing – Once the new ceramic tooth has been milled, our trained assistant will stain it to look like your existing teeth, and then bake it to produce a shiny, natural looking glaze.
- Restoration – Within 20 minutes or less, the ceramic piece is completed, and the restoration takes place. Dr. Chen gently and firmly places the CEREC ceramic into your tooth, and the tooth is restored.
The CEREC treatment is permanent. Your tooth is considered to be fully restored, and soon you can go back to eating and drinking as normal.
CEREC in Folsom at Esthetic Reflections
At Esthetic Reflections in Folsom, we want to make sure that your treatment goes as well as possible. Dr. Chen and his staff would love to explain more about CEREC and why it’s a great option for fixing your teeth, or schedule you in to get started. If you’re interested in learning more about CEREC, call us today at Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry Phone Number 916-983-6051.
CEREC® is a registered trademark of Sirona Dental Systems
• Schedule A Visit • Register • Contact Us / Get Directions • Smile Gallery •