Candidates for Porcelain Veneers
If you’re unhappy with your smile or want to have teeth that are easier to care for, porcelain veneers could be the answer. Porcelain veneers are made of thin dental ceramic that are fitted to your teeth in order to mask any imperfections. When they are in your mouth, they cover your natural teeth and make them appear naturally white and uniform.
Ineligible for Porcelain Veneers
Before you’re able to decide whether porcelain veneers are right for you, however, Dr. Chen needs to make sure that you don’t have any of the following issues:
- Periodontal disease
- Undeveloped teeth
- Compulsive grinding or clenching your teeth (bruxism)
- Poor oral and/or general health
- Severely crooked teeth
- Misaligned bite (malocclusion)
These traits will make you temporarily ineligible for porcelain veneers until Dr. Chen can address and complete treatment for them. For those with severely crooked teeth for example, metal or invisible braces will likely be used to straighten your teeth before they’re fitted for porcelain veneers.
Problems Porcelain Veneers Can Treat
If you don’t have any of the previous issues, then porcelain veneers can definitely help solve a number of aesthetic concerns people have about their teeth. For those who are otherwise in good health, veneers can address these problems:
- Stains – Coffee, tea, soda, wine, and cigarettes are some of the most common and worst offenders when it comes to staining teeth. Whitening products and dental procedures can help to remove a good bit of staining. However, if it seems particularly difficult to remove your teeth’s stains, porcelain veneers can cover that discoloration and prevent any more from happening, since the porcelain is stain resistant.
- Chips and Cracks – This type of tooth damage can be embarrassing and painful, especially since they tend to occur in easy to notice areas of the mouth. Veneers can cover these imperfections and make your teeth look completely restored.
- Gaps or Uneven Sizes and Shapes – The shape of teeth or the way they’re aligned in your mouth can give them an uneven appearance. With veneers, your teeth appear even and more attractive.
- Crooked Teeth – When most of your teeth are in the right place except for a few crooked ones, it can throw off your whole smile. Mildly crooked teeth can be brought back in line with veneers, making it look as though you have naturally straight teeth.
If you have one or more of these common aesthetic issues with your teeth, then porcelain veneers can help you do something about them. They’re very versatile, and as long as the underlying health of your teeth is well cared for, they can be the answer to a variety of concerns about how your teeth look.
Schedule a Consultation about Porcelain Veneers Today
At Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry, we tailor our treatment to each individual to help them achieve a healthy and naturally beautiful smile. If you’re interested in finding out whether porcelain veneers are the right choice for your dental needs, then please contact us today.