No one should feel they have to hide their smile. But traditional metal braces are associated with the young. Many adults struggle not only with cosmetic issues, but also occlusion, recession, and more. That is why Invisalign has quickly become the more popular braces option for those that need help with their alignment.
Invisalign is an effective way to straighten teeth. Although traditional metal braces can also be effective – especially for more complex cases – Invisalign has additional benefits that make it a smart choice for adults. These benefits include:
- Professional and Hidden – Your dental health should never take a backseat to your professional growth. Yet those that work in more formal positions tend to find that they are concerned about the way they will be viewed professionally if their colleagues see them with braces. Since Invisalign is clear, you won’t have to feel self-conscious or be as concerned about your career.
- Less Plaque – For those that often find themselves with new cavities, Invisalign is a more effective option than metal braces because you can take them out when you eat and brush your teeth thoroughly before putting them back in.
- Fewer Food Restrictions – With the ability to take out your Invisalign braces every time you eat, you’ll find yourself able to eat all of your favorite meals provided you care for your teeth afterwards.
- No Sharp Brackets – One of the most common complaints that metal braces patients have is cuts inside their mouths caused by the brackets rubbing against the sensitive skin. Invisalign requires no such brackets.
- Same Dentist – Finally, if you are already a patient here at Esthetic Reflections in Folsom, Dr. Chen is able to provide you with Invisalign clear braces himself. You’ll have someone you know and trust – someone that genuinely knows your teeth.
The process to get Invisalign is also more pleasant for patients. Instead of placing your teeth into a foul tasting spray, Dr. Chen uses a special machine that scans your teeth for their placement. The process is simpler, especially for patients that are not fond of dentists.
Invisalign is not right for every patient. But for those that qualify, it is one of the more effective solutions for straighter and healthier teeth. For more information about Invisalign in our Folsom office, please call Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry today at 916-983-6051.