A New Year Brings New, Exciting Changes
Every New Year brings a list of resolutions and promises for all of us. It is a time when we reflect on the past, and decide what we want to do differently as we move ahead. Just as in your personal life, we do the same thing in our dental office. Some changes we can control, others we can’t. Because our patients are important to us, we would like to share some of the new things you can look forward to when you visit our office this year
- A new 42” tv monitor is in our waiting room. We will have dental educational videos, testimonials, breaking news, and maybe even a sporting event or two playing on the monitor for you to “enjoy”
- A brand new state-of- the art digital panoramic machine for taking x-rays of your jaw. This is helpful for planning implants, and evaluating wisdom teeth. It also helps monitor the growth pattern of children’s teeth and evaluate the need for braces, detect bone cysts or abnormal growths as well as detect calcifications of the carotid arteries. Because it is more comfortable and faster, it is less invasive and is 1/5 to 1/6 of the radiation of a full mouth series of x-rays.
- New code changes for flouride application. The ADA has changed the coding for fluoride. There are no longer separate codes for adult/children application. They are now all under one code and we are finding with this change, more insurance companies are paying for adult fluoride.
- Advances to our Cerec– one visit crowns. New technology for our cad-cam system will help with the speed and accuracy of our in office crowns.
- Oral DNA testing – Advances in DNA and bacteria testing through saliva allow identification of inflammation which is a primary factor in periodontal disease, heart disease, as well as other medical conditions. We are proud to partner this year with Dr Kristine Burke, M.D. and provide another advancement in dentistry and medicine to provide early detection of oral and systemic disease and help our patients achieve optimal total health.
- New faces – Our family is growing thanks to your referrals and positive reviews. In order to allow us to continue to provide quality care Dr Chen is excited to add an Associate Doctor to allow us to expand our availability and accommodate the needs of all our patients.
- Along with a new Associate, we will be adding team members so that you will continue receiving the customer service and excellent care you have become accustomed to.
These are just a few of the exciting changes taking place in our office. We encourage you to call with any questions and as always, look forward to seeing you at your next visit. Here is to a wonderful 2013 for all of us!