Every year, on January 1st, we all tend to make “New Year’s Resolutions” – promises that we make to ourselves about changes we hope to integrate into our lives for the new year. This year is an extra special one, as it marks the beginning of a new decade at a time when many of us are finding life more stressful than ever, with less and less time for self-care.
The problem, as we all know, is that all too often we do not follow through on our resolutions. We may want these things for ourselves, but many of them:
- Require a significant commitment at a time when our lives are busier than ever.
- May be changes we want for ourselves now, but may not care about later.
- Represent something temporary – something without long term implications.
For example, healthy living is extremely important, and something that we have always tried to promote here at Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry. But a resolution of “going to the gym more” only works if you genuinely enjoy the gym. A resolution of “eat healthier” only works when you have the means and time to make healthy foods.
These are all important changes, but they are also ideas that tend to be fleeting in our busy lives. It helps to have resolutions that are:
- Easier to complete.
- Longer lasting.
- Capable of providing a substantial change to our health and happiness.
That is why this year, maybe it’s time to consider cosmetic dentistry, for those that have long wanted to improve their smile but have been waiting for the right moment.
What Can Cosmetic Dentistry Do?
Many of us live with issues with our smile, both aesthetic and functional. Missing teeth, chipped teeth, crooked teeth, stained teeth – these are common among men and women of all ages. They cause us to cover our mouths when we smile or feel self-conscious when meeting new people.
They also represent a great new year’s resolution – one with the potential to really change how we feel about ourselves, all in a way that is both beneficial and achievable. Using cosmetic dentistry techniques, Dr. Skelton and Dr. Chen can help to change your smile in a way that benefits you both cosmetically and functionally, providing you with a healthier looking smile, better bite, and chance to feel confident in yourself again.
Why Cosmetic Dentistry is a Great Resolution?
What makes cosmetic dentistry such a great New Year’s Resolution is that it has everything a great resolution needs:
- It is self-care. You deserve to be proud of your smile and happy with yourself. If you’ve felt uncomfortable about your smile in the past, cosmetic dentistry offers you a way to build your confidence and take care of your oral health in the process.
- It is easily obtainable. Most smile makeovers can be completed in a few appointments, and in some cases just one appointment. That means you’re able to see the results of this resolution right away.
- It is long lasting. Depending on the treatment, many of these procedures can last for years, decades, or even the rest of your life – well beyond 2020 alone.
So if you’re someone that has always struggled with your new year’s resolutions, and you’ve always wanted to improve the look or function of your smile, maybe your 2020 resolution is the perfect time to make a resolution that will truly last. Contact us today at 916-984-6051 today for a consultation.