Dental Specialties | Types of Dentists in Folsom
Your mouth may be one of the smallest areas of your body, but it is also one of the most complex. The science of cleaning teeth is very different than the science of straightening teeth, which is different from the science of building or reconstructing teeth.
At Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry in Folsom, we wanted to help you understand the different types of dentists that are available, so that you have a better idea of who to see and why we may recommend other types of dental specialties depending on your needs.
What We Are
Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry is a General Dentist and a Cosmetic Dentists. General dentists are those that provide all of the regular tooth related services you need, from cleaning to fillings to diagnoses. General dentists are also able to provide many of the treatments that the dental specialties below provide, but may also refer you out to a specialist if we believe it necessary.
Cosmetic dentists provide aesthetic services for teeth. For example, tooth whitening is a form of cosmetic dentistry, as are veneers and some types of dental crowns. Cosmetic dentists are those that try to improve the look of your smile, so that you have more confidence in your teeth and gums.
Other Types of Dental Providers in Folsom, CA
- Periodontists – Periodontists are dentists that specialize in gum disease. If you are a referred to a periodontist, it is likely because you have been diagnosed with gum disease, and require a specialist that can give it special attention.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (OMS) – Oral surgeons are dentists that specialize specifically in dental surgeries. They have an additional 4 years of study in dental surgery for the mouth, jaws, and teeth, and are skilled at addressing issues with bones and soft tissue.
- Endodontists – Endodontists are highly specialized dentists that focus on the pulp in between teeth. If there are signs of pulp damage, decay, or disease inside of the tooth, we may refer you out to a Folsom endodontist.
- Orthodontists – Orthodontists are dentists that specialize in the straightening of teeth, such as the use of braces. They may also be called upon for jaw, mouth, and bite problems. Some forms of orthodontics, like Invisalign, we can provide here at Esthetic Reflections, but others we may refer you to an orthodontic specialist.
- Pediatric Dentist – Pediatric dentists are not unlike general dentists. But they have special training in the different ways that a child’s mouth grows and develops, and can help ensure that your developing young one is ready to have a great smile.
Call Esthetic Reflections in Dentistry Today
Before you can be referred to these specialists, we first want to look at your teeth. If you are ready to improve your dental health and receive the treatments you need, call our Folsom dentist office at Folsom Office Phone Number 916-983-6051.